- Firstly, pre-school is about your child learning through different, fun play activities and experiences. There are always messy play resources out on each session which are crucial to young children’s sensory development. Whilst we do provide aprons for the children to wear, we would ask that you send your child in suitable clothing that doesn’t matter if it gets a bit messy!
- We want to use the outdoor areas available to us as much as possible, whatever the weather. It is really helpful if your child has suitable clothing and footwear for this and please do take account of the tendency for our British weather to change several times a day!!
- In all of this fun, we do have a few spare clothes should your child get a little wet when playing with the water activities or have an accident etc. However, if you would like to send your child to pre-school with a change of clothes, that is great, but not absolutely necessary.
Chudleigh Pre-school T-Shirts are available from the school rooms at £7.50 each These are not a compulsory uniform, but something that will keep your child’s everyday clothes clean. It also helps a child develop a sense of belonging.
- If you child is still in nappies, we would appreciate it if you would bring in a few nappies for us to use when your child needs them.
- If you have special wipes that you like to use for your child, then please give us some of those too!
FOOD AND DRINK
- We provide snacks and drinks during the sessions, so there is no need for you to provide them for your child. If your child has special dietary requirements, then please do chat to the staff about this so we can make sure your child doesn’t miss out!
- If you would like information about the allergens in any of the foods we provide, then again, please talk to the staff.
- If your child attends an afternoon session or stays for a lunch club or full day, then they will need to bring a packed lunch to eat. We suggest that you put an ice pack in the lunch box to help keep the food cool, especially in the warmer weather.
- We are especially keen to promote healthy eating so would ask that your child has no sweets in their lunch boxes – thanks.
FOOD AND DRINK
- For all the children, it is always helpful to name your child’s belongings, be they bags, coats, hats, gloves, jumpers, lunch boxes or a favourite toy!
Sometimes a biro or permanent marker does the job, but if you would like
some labels we would love you to use www.easy2name.comOpens in a new window.
Quote ‘Chudleigh Pre-School’ we get a small commission which goes to help
our fundraising. If you don’t have internet access, please do ask for a leaflet.