Chudleigh Pre-School – Chudleigh TQ13 0HL
£8.91 an hour – Part-time, Temporary – Term Time only
We are looking for two motivated Early Years Practitioners to join our Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ provision. The candidates must have level 2 qualification in Early Years and Childcare as essential, with level 3 or above as desirable. Previous experience of working in a childcare setting is also desirable. We are looking for individuals who are warm and friendly, calm, and sensitive and able to be flexible and use their own initiative. This is a great opportunity to join a team who are passionate about Early Years work and have a great enthusiasm for supporting all children to achieve their full potential through fun play and learning experiences. Each of these roles would start as two half days a week with the potential for bank cover and for the number of sessions to increase as pupil numbers increase. These roles are temporary initially with a view to becoming long-term. If you are interested in applying for one of these posts, please click here to down load an application form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent a paper version.
Purpose of Post:
- To provide a high standard of emotional, social, intellectual, and physical care for all children in the setting.
- To work as part of a team in order to provide a safe, enabling and stimulating environment, indoors and out, in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
- To build and maintain strong partnerships, working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
Responsible to: Early Years Manager
- To be aware of, and understand, the Learning Objectives that the Lead Practitioner has planned for the session, and support them to deliver these, working as part of a team to implement activities with individuals or with groups of children.
- To use professional knowledge of the individual and diverse ways that children learn and develop, to ensure that the needs and interests of all children in the setting are met.
- To promote the inclusion of all children
- To establish positive and sensitive relationships with the children.
- To act as a positive role model to the children, promoting tolerance, awareness of each other’s needs and interests, and care and respect for one another.
- To have a clear understanding of the setting’s Safeguarding duties and procedures and to promptly report any concerns.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments etc.
- To meet the physical needs of children, encouraging good standards of personal hygiene, whilst promoting independence. Working as part of a team to ensure the childrens’ physical care needs are met, for example preparation of snack, first aid, and management of medicines. Ensuring regular care and cleaning of the physical environment during and at the end of each day.
- To act as a Key Person, (or as a Shadow Key Person as required), building strong relationships with the children and monitoring their progress using our online Learning Journal.
In addition, you will be expected to:
- Read, understand, and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to the role and to the safe running of the setting.
- Undergo regular training, both in-house and external where appropriate, to support your professional development.
- Take part in termly supervisions and annual appraisals as well as termly peer-on-peer observations.
- Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- Be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times.
Contract length: 9 months
Part-time hours: 7 per week (Term Time only)
Application deadline: 01/07/2021
Expected start date: asap
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Term Time only
Salary: £8.91 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: We are a dual-sited setting and due to Covid-19 restrictions our staff are currently working solely at one site or the other. To be considered for these roles, candidates would need to not be employed at another childcare setting.
Experience: Childcare 1 year (Preferred)
Education: GCSE or equivalent (Required)
Work remotely: No